Meditation is an activity that benefits both our mind and our body. Through it, we are able to clear our thoughts and reduce the stress that we have in our mind. However, have you ever wondered how you would be able to get the most of it? If not, then you might as well consider purchasing a meditation cushion to ease discomfort while you are engaging in it.
Nevertheless, there are tons of meditation cushions out there, so how can you ensure that you would be able to purchase one of the best? To help you out, we have listed down the best meditation cushion that not only has great functionality but also will not overstretch your pocket.
What Is A Meditation Cushion?
Simply put, meditation cushion are typically round cushions filled with either buckwhear hull or kapok that serves as a tool for making meditation as relaxing and as comfortable as it can be to the ones who are engaging with it because it is capable of providing the necessary support in order to keep the spine.
Hence, once you use it, you are not likely to supper from pain in your knee, joint or back and that way, you would be able to meditate for a longer period of time and enjoy more benefits from it. After all, the more comfortable you are while doing it, the more you would be able to focus more on your meditation routine.
Highly Reviewed Meditation Cushions 2019 to Help You Have a Great Choice
- MEDITATION CUSHION: Promotes proper alignment and posture, while providing a comfortable seat during meditation by relieving pressure on the knees, ankles and back
- SOFT CUSHIONING: Organic buckwheat hull filling gently conforms to your body for a soft and comfortable seat
- HANDLE STRAP: Yoga pillow features a sturdy handle for hassle-free transport to easily grab the meditation cushion and go
- ADD OF REMOVE FILLING: Exterior zipper allows you to easily adjust, add or remove filling
- CARE INFO: Machine washable removable cover is easily removable to toss in the washing machine
- SIZES: Crescent Cushions = 5" High x 17" Wide, Zafu Cushions = 5.5" High x 15" Wide, Zabuton Cushions = 4" High x 24" Square
- DURABLE ORGANIC COTTON WITH BUCKWHEAT FILLING: Our cushions are solidly built, with good materials and heavy stitching. The removable cover is made from soft, durable and sustainable GOTS Certified Organic Cotton. It's completely machine washable, just unzip and use a cold cycle.
- FIRM, SUPPORTIVE AND COMFORTABLE FOR ALL SHAPES AND SIZES: We designed our cushions through extensive research, testing and customer feedback. They will support your spine perfectly no matter your size, weight, gender or body shape. That means less fatigue, better posture and a longer meditation.
- FIND THE PERFECT SIZE AND COLOR FOR YOUR MEDITATION PRACTICE: Finding the right size cushion is important to avoid pain, numbness and leg cramps. We have a variety of sizes, so you'll find the perfect cushion to significantly improve your posture during long meditations - no matter what size you are.
- 100% MEDITATION COMFORT GUARANTEE: We believe our meditation cushions are the most durable, comfortable and supportive available. If you experience pain, numbness, cramps or discomfort - or you just dislike the cushion for any reason, then we'll give you every penny of your money back.
- GO DEEPER & STAY COMFY. Helps you sit upright, avoid hunching and back aches, and stay comfortable while meditating. A meditation cushion stops you thinking about keeping your back straight or how numb your foot is and keeps you focused!
- COMFORTABLE, NATURAL, BUCKWHEAT FILL NEVER GOES FLAT. Buckwheat hulls are a durable, eco-friendly alternative to cotton. It conforms to your body to provide unique comfort and stability and never goes flat like cotton does!
- ZIPPERED, WASHABLE COVER. The durable zippered outer cover is removable and washable while the zippered inner cover keeps the adjustable filling in one place during cleaning.
- COMPACT AND PERFECT SIZE FOR HOME OR TRAVEL: At 14" x 7" x 4", it's not just for meditation! The convenient size and carrying handle make travel easy, while a low profile keeps you stable via a lower center of gravity. Use your cushion inside, outside, on vacation, in the park... anywhere you need a seat!
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. We love to make our customers super-duper happy! If you're not happy, just let us know and we'll make it right!
- Great for meditators and yogis of all skill levels and styles, or simply sitting and relaxing
- Meditation pillow with modern, round design with removable outer cover for easy washing
- A GOTS Certified organic cotton inner liner holds the buckwheat pillow fill, making it easy to remove and replace to customize the firmness and height for a fresh resting place
- Sturdy carry handle for easy transport from your home to yoga class
- Natural buckwheat fill makes it heavier and supportive Weight: 4 lbs Dimensions: 18" x 13" x 6". Made in USA
- Sturdy and comfortable cover. Only the zabuton has a removable and washable cover
- The zafu fill with buckwheat hulls. The zabuton fill with kapok, which is softer and more resilient than cotton batting
- Buckwheat zafu compresses very little with use. Like sitting in sand they will mold to your shape.
- Zafu has convenient handle for carrying, adjustable with a zipper opening, and double stitched for extra strength
- The zafu is approx 14" in diameter and 7" in height and weight 7 lbs. The zabuton is approx 30" long by 28" wide and may fits people up to 5' 10" tall
The Perks Of A Meditation Cushion
Believe it or not, although the word meditation sounds relaxing, it can definitely be uncomfortable at the same time, especially if you have been doing it for a long time. So, even the people who have been meditating for quite some time already, they still experience physical difficulties whenever they are meditation.
This is the reason why support is highly needed and a meditation cushion is more than capable of providing that.
Meditation is not all about exerting an effort to clear your mind but it is also about your body exerting an effort to maintain a certain position for a certain period of time than what it’s accustomed to.
On the other hand, in order for our mind to be able to focus, we need to make our body comfortable first and surely, it would much more comfortable to sit in a meditation cushion than to sit in a hard flooring.
In addition to that, through its use, we are allowing ourselves to achieve optimal posture as proper spinal alignment is achieved. In addition to that, as the cushion raises our hips, it allows us to have a more stable cross-legged sitting position.
Some Assembly / Maintenance Required?
Good thing, with the meditation cushion, there is no need for any assembly in fact, you can use it as it is. Yes, after your cushion provider delivering it to your doorstep, you can just remove it from the box or the packaging and start meditating using it. On the other hand, maintaining it at its good condition is not that hard as well.
If you have purchased a meditation with zippered covers, then you can remove it from time to time and wash it separately using cold water. Your washing machine should have an ample space so that the water would be able to circulate in the cover evenly.
Nevertheless, there are also meditation cushions out there that can be washed by hand. Also, it is not suggested for you to use a dryer in drying them, hanging the covers would be enough. Now, if you are thinking about washing the entire cushion, then get rid of such thoughts for the buckwheat hulls should never get wet.
If the stain is only a small one, then you can just dab it gently with warm water but never rub it or if you want, you can just simply spot clean it.
If you want to enjoy your meditation cushion for a longer period of time, then you should only use it for meditation purposes. You should not use it as a pillow or anything else. Also, it is suggested for you to store it properly whenever it is not in use in order to prevent dirt and dust from accumulating in it.
The meditation cushions are completely safe to use but there is a need for you to purchase a new one from time to time in order for you to get the maximum level of comfort that it can offer you.
Also, with kapok, you might feel wobbly at times while you are using it and when its areas become uneven and lumps have formed in it due to your frequent use, it may become uncomfortable for you to use.
On the other hand, with the buckwheat hull, some people find it a bit hard and they even compare it to sitting in a firm surface such as on the sand. It also creates a sound whenever you move while sitting on it.
How Do I Choose The Best Meditation Cushion To Buy?
- Where would you be meditating? Is it on a soft or hard ground?
- What meditation position do you usually do?
- Do you have spinal or other health issues?
- Do you want a round, flat or rectangular one?
- Is your body flexible?
- Do you want a light, firm, dense or stable meditation pillow?
By simply asking these questions to yourself and by taking your budget into account, you would surely be able to find the meditation cushion that would work best for you.
- What type of meditation cushion is perfect for your needs and requirements?
- What meditation cushion fits your budget needs?
- What are the designs that can meet your preferences?
- Do you want a medication cushion that is sturdy and cost-effective?
The given cushions are all amazing pillows for you. Nevertheless, the one that stands out is the Brentwood Home Crystal Cove Meditation Cushion. Coming in as the most highly rated one of the bunch, it also has a beautiful design that looks good in any household, is easy to transport and can easily be washed with its removable outer cover.
When you want to have a worthwhile and long-lasting investment, you can make it as your number one choice without any disappointments.